If you need to self-isolate and are unable to work while waiting for your coronavirus (COVID-19) test result, you may be eligible for the COVID-19 Test and Isolate support payment.
NSW workers can apply for the $320 payment if they:
- meet the eligibility criteria
- agree to follow NSW Health self-isolation guidelines while waiting for their COVID-19 test result.
Applications are now open for tests taken on or after 13 August 2021. You’ll need to apply for the payment within 7 days of having the test.
Note: You are not able to apply for the payment at a Service NSW Centre.
To be eligible you must:
- be aged 17 years or over
- live in one of the following local government areas (LGAs) of concern:
- Georges River
- Penrith suburbs of Caddens, Claremont Meadows, Colyton, Erskine Park, Kemps Creek, Kingswood, Mount Vernon, North St Marys, Orchard Hills, Oxley Park, St Clair and St Marys
- have had a COVID-19 test (nose and throat swabs known as PCR tests) due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or be the carer or guardian of someone who has had a test due to experiencing symptoms
- have needed to self-isolate after your COVID-19 test, or be the carer or guardian for someone who needed to self-isolate after their test
- be likely to have worked during the period of self-isolation and are unable to work due to:
- being required to self-isolate following a COVID-19 test
- having to care for someone who is required to self-isolate following a COVID-19 test.
Note: From Monday 16 August the following LGAs will also be eligible:
You are not eligible if you:
- can work from home during your time of self-isolation
- receive any income, earnings or salary during your time of self-isolation
- have access to sick leave, carers leave or special pandemic leave
- receive income support from the Australian Government (including the COVID-19 Disaster Payment or Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment) or financial support from the NSW Government (such as the micro-business grant or JobSaver payment) during your time of self-isolation
- have been directed by NSW Health to test and isolate as you’re a close contact of a known case
- have had a rapid antigen test
- are an essential worker living in an eligible LGA and are required to test every 3 days.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application
- details of the date, time and location of your COVID-19 test (including the reference number provided by NSW Health or the testing facility, if known)
- one proof of identity document such as your Australian Drivers Licence, Medicare card or passport
- proof of address such as a rates notice, lease agreement or utility bill
- proof of employment or self-employment such as a payslip, contract, letter from employer or ABN
- your bank account details for payment.
Note: You will have to repay the $320 payment if you:
- do not self-isolate while waiting for your results
- provide false or misleading information in your claim.
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Have your documentation and evidence ready for uploading.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Verify your identity.
- Confirm your personal details.
- Answer the eligibility questions.
- Enter details of your COVID-19 test.
- Attach supporting proof of employment and proof of address documents.
- Enter your bank account details.
- Review your application.
- Complete the declarations.
- Submit your application.
After you submit your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your application reference number. If you do not receive this email after completing your application, please check your junk mail folder. We’ll contact you if we need additional information.
Successful applicants will be paid the $320 lump sum within 3 days of lodging their application.
- You must agree to follow NSW Health’s self-isolation guidelines while waiting for your test results.
- You can only apply for th Test and Isolate support payment once every 30 days, from the date of thet.